Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 106: 11/6/14

It rained last night and this morning for the first hour of hiking.  But i made it to the Nantahala Outdoor Center where i got a huge late lunch and packed out a sandwich to go.  The general store was closed for the season so i couldn't resupply.  I bought 4 cliff bars at the outfitter which i hate cliff bars but food is food and hopefully i will make it to Franklin, NC tomorrow without starving.  I wanted to go 26 miles but only made it 21 miles today with the restaurant stop.  The time change is really hurting me.  There were two section hikers that got to the shelter at the same time as me.  Well ive seen it all now here on the AT because we watched the new Godzilla movie on one guys iphone 6!  He had portable speakers to so sound quality was incredible.  He has a huge battery charger and extra batteries so they can watch a movie every night.  Pretty awesome if you ask me... movie night on the AT. 

3 comments:

  1. Too bad the NOC was closed. I love that place; I hate mice too!!! Keep going. Hope fully no more snow!!!! LIsa L

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my package I sent you (but got lost/stolen) was a DVD of Heaven Is For Real. I read the book but not seen the movie. A movie on the trail would have been pretty entertaining I'm sure so I'm glad you were ablevtomsee Godzilla. And was that your first camp fire/chimney fire? Glad you made through the worst of the snow! You are one gutsy, crazy and determined hiker man! Love ya, Ford.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey bro, are you planning to finish the GA section in 1 or two days? Also there's a parking spot below Springer, but there's also the 8 mile approach trail, right after to a hiker parking lot.

    ReplyDelete