So I am falling for Maine... literally folks, I fell 3 times this morning. Everything was wet and the first two times was both on downhills on a rock and root even though I was being extremely careful. The third time was funny though. I was coming down a slope and there was a little stream with a 5ft long 2x10 style bridge across it. When I stepped on it my feet flew out from under me and I landed hard on my side. I just busted out laughing because it probably looked exactly like a scene from a movie where somebody slips on a banana peel sort of deal. It was a good day though and I did 21.5 miles. I got to climb up the Crocker mtns. where I had good views of Sugarloaf mtn and its ski slopes. I then climbed up Sugarloaf which was very tough with very scary vertical rock climbs. There were a couple more small mountains during the day and I finished up at poplar ridge lean-to. Everybody here is a SOBO thru or section hiker which unusual and one guy even made a fire which is the first one I have seen yet. A bad storm is moving in so we will see how the night goes. So far my tent has held up great. The seam sealer is wearing off though because it leaks in 3 spots.
No comments:
Post a Comment