Saturday, August 30, 2014

Days 36-38 Massachusetts

The mileage for each day respectively was 24, 33, 20.  I am writing this on the evening of day 38 (8/30/14). Massachusetts has been gorgeous and hiking through the Berkshires has been incredible.  The weather has been phenomenal but tomorrow that is supposed to end with a storm system moving in for a couple days.  I really enjoy how the AT in Massachusetts goes through the valleys in some parts.  There are many flowery meadows and farmer fields that the AT goes through which I really enjoy seeing.  I will upload photos but will not comment on them for a while nor will there be a blog update for a few more days at least.  I got to keep pushing and save cell battery as long as I can.  This section is very expensive and there are no hostels so I am just trying to keep grinding out miles until Pennsylvania.  I think I will have to get a motel room in about 140 miles in New York though.  I am at mile 676 right now.

3 comments:

  1. Hope Massachusetts is good to you! Always enjoy following your blogs. Prayers your way daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making such good time. Did you get your new shoes? Hope it doen't rain to much.
    Granny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mailed a box for you Sat. and due to be at Fort Montgomery, NY by 09/02/2014 - please look for it! Keep up the great pace! Lisa L.

    ReplyDelete