Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 9: Getting lost can be fun

Today was an interesting day.  On the way up moxie bald i turned onto the wrong trail and went to the north peak rather than south peak.  The AT in maine is not marked well for SOBO's which is annoying and thats how i ended up in the wrong spot.  I had to bushwack to get to the peak but the entire mountain was covered in blueberries as far as the eye could see.  You can tell nobody ever goes out there.  Well i sat on North Moxie Peak for 1.5 hrs before i got concerned.  I hadn't seen a single person and coffee break was supposed to meet me on the summit.  I pulled out the guidebook and realized i was in the wrong spot.  I eventually caught up to coffee and we pressed on over pleasent pond mtn. to do our 19 miles for the day.  My extra mile doesn't count towards total mileage.  Ohh well i did get to pick blueberries for 20 mins and took a nap on top of the second most beautiful mtn i have ever seen.  God is good.  Lots of pics today so dont forget to check them out. 

1 comment:

  1. Blueberries! Blueberries! Blueberries! Blueberries For everyone!
    - Chase

    ReplyDelete