Wow! The green mountains of Vermont are beautiful. Thats the easiest way to put it. The trail here is constant up and downs but it is easy to me. This morning at 10am there was a guy on his porch ringing a bell at me and waving so I walked over. Turns out him and his wife are trail angels and cook breakfast for hikers for free (i still made a donation though). So I got out of the rain and got to eat scrambled eggs, toast, cinnamon rolls, a banana, and coffee. That really hit the spot. In talking to them its funny there uncle has a house in Lakeland where I am from. They and 5 of there friends from Vermont all own houses in El Jobean and Port Charlotte! Holy cow i fish there all the time. They said I was the first hiker to ever know where El Jobean is. We swapped contact info because they like fishing a lot down there a lot and I know the area like the back of my hand so we are gonna go fishing in their boat when they come down in January. They knew it was going to rain all day and even offered me a spare bedroom to stay in if I wanted! I declined because I wanted to make some miles but they are really nice people and I look forward to seeing them again. Other than that I think I did like 25 miles so not a bad day.
That's awesome! Amazing how small a world it can be :)
ReplyDeleteSmall world indeed!
ReplyDeletePlease back track to that man's porch and have him forward all his fishing GPS coordinates to me...what...it's only 90 miles out of your way! :)
ReplyDelete