I hardly had anything to eat today while hiking. I underestimated my appetite when resupplying in Killington. I am eating around 3lbs of food a day (not calorie wise but physical weight). I did 16.5 miles to the road to get into Manchester Center, Vermont. Louis, if you read this thank you once again for the hitch. I apologize I smelt so bad in your car. I made a reservation this morning at the Green Mountain House Hostel which i cannot say enough about. I need to take the time to effectively clean and dry my feet, socks, and shoes before pushing on. I may zero here tomorrow for my feets sake. I resupplied on food in town today and ate at McDonalds! This was the first time I have eaten fast food since I started hiking and boy does ordinary people food taste so much better when thru hiking. The hostel then picked me up in town. The owners are very nice and this is officially the cleanest, nicest, and best value hostel I have seen thus far. It even has actual serta bed mattresses and box springs! No bunk bed tonight baby! I could go on and on about this place but it would bore you.
In the wise words of Lt. Dan (Forest Gump)..."change your socks and keep your feet dry...the Mekong can eat a grunts feet right off his legs" GREAT STORIES TREVOR! Keep them coming!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey, we haven't heard any tick, leach, or mice stories lately! What gives? Any fishing along the way via a homemade pole? At the speed you are hiking you could troll...
ReplyDeleteOver 500 miles, that is really a lot. No wonder your feet need a rest. Good picture of you and you look so happy. Love granny
ReplyDeleteTrevor, according to Les Paul from Survivorman "Amazon" episode, when dealing with consistent wet feet, build a fire then apply green material to get a good smoke. Then hang your feet over the smoke, Les Paul says it kills off bacteria that will start growing on your feet. Although this process requires more time, even a small fire will help uplift the spirit of any outdoorsman!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless and keep up the good work. Congrats again on 500+
Chase