Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 25: The White's Part 5

So last night at lonesome lake hut i was sleeping between two benches in the dining room and at some point I rolled underneath a bench.  I woke up in the middle of the night and when I went to sit up Bam! I nailed my head on the bench.  Hahaha.  I made a ughhhh sound and fell back to sleep.  I just thought I would share that funny story.  This morning I volunteered to do work if they let me eat breakfast leftovers so I got to sweep the floor in exchange for pancakes, sausage, oatmeal with peaches, and coffee.  I even got to pack out the 4 extra pancakes for lunch!  It rained all last night and this morning which was not fun.  Mt. Kinsman shouldn't be in New Hampshire... it should be in Maine it was that tough and slippery.  I got another trail magic today.  I found a cooler with granola bars, candy, and a water bottle.  I have passed about 5 coolers so far but they are always empty by the time I get there so this was cool.  I only made it 14.8 miles by 5:00pm and my left ankle was really hurting so I decided to stop at Beaver Brook shelter on the side of Mt Moosilauke where I pitched my tent.  I actually had data so I worked on blog posts some before my battery pack died and I only had 40 percent phone battery left so I went to bed.  Tomorrow will be my last day in the White's.  Hopefully my ankle heals up I dont remember anything particular that hurt it.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your ankle gets better. Maybe you are having sympathy pains for your Dad. Granny

    ReplyDelete