I am writing this on the afternoon of Day 41 (9/2/14) in Kent, CT at an ice cream place where i am charging my phone also. These past few days there were a lot of people on the trail with it being Labor Day weekend. It has rained some in the evening but i have been able to avoid it by getting to a shelter in time. I have only been doing 18-22 miles these 3 days so I didn't get to Kent to early. The original plan was to get here Monday and pick up my Mail Magic which is my name for a mail drop or care package i just want to put an AT sound to it. Well i realized the post office wasn't going to be open Monday so I slowed it down. Thanks for the package mom it was great! I saw my first deer of the trip on day 40. It was 200ft away on a ridge and pretending to shoot it with my trekking pole as my rifle and letting out the loudest gosh darned BANG you've ever heard from a human voice made me feel a lot better. I got a blister on both feet on the outside of the heel but below the ankle ball. Right where the foot pad comes up the side of the foot. Well the blisters are both underneath a callus which stinks because i am having trouble taking care of them like i would normally treat a blister and they hurt like a son if a gun. I picked up a few things at a pharmacy here in Kent that will hopefully let me take care of them. I could use prayer though because every little step is miserable. I will cross into New York here in a few hours which means 5 states down and 9 to go!!! Ohhh yeah I reek... i haven't had a shower since Manchester, Vermont. I think i was there 6-7 days ago.
Keep up the good work cuz
ReplyDeleteGod is giving you lots of graces. Maybe Dr. Michelle can help you. Granny
ReplyDeleteTrevor,this is 1st time I posted,but wanted to let you know I have been reading every post.I look forward to going to the blog and reading an entry during my lunch hour.You are doing an amazing job,both on the trail and with your accounts you post.Hope the feet heel soon and keep up the good work .U Rob
ReplyDelete