Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 48: Made it to Pennsylvania!

Today I hit Pennsylvania!  I did 31 miles to DWG where there is a church hostel.  I got my first real shower in 15 days and 350 plus miles which is when i was in Manchester center, VT.  It was a very enjoyable day and i hiked by myself because none of the SOBO's at the shelter had a desire to do more than 18 miles.  I woke up very early and hiked to a fire tower 1 mile down the trail and saw an awesome sunrise.  The picture affiliated with this post is what it looked like... to bad it darkened the nearby terrain though.  I finished the 31 miles by 6pm which was incredibly fast.  I went to the diner in town and got a burger which was good but i could hardly finish it my stomach has shrunk so much.  Here's the shocker though i weigh 145 lbs.  I lost 15 lbs in 15 days.  I am sooo skinny my waist must be down to a 29-30".  To be honest though i knew this would come eventually.  I am doing great though compared to most other SOBO's that look like they came out of a Nazi concentration camp so i dont look as bad as most.  I will zero in town for 2 days to rest up before i hit the trail again.

1 comment: