A double zero here in DWG was much desired after that last stretch. I did over 350 miles in 15 days which is an average of 23 miles a day which is insane considering the heat wave and lack of water in parts. My feet have healed a lot during these past two days which is what i wanted. The church hostel here actually has a 2 night limit and i was gonna stay at the Pocono inn here in town which is about .25 miles away because it was a rate i could afford but the pastor told me to avoid the place because there has been human trafficking, prostitution, drugs, and other bad stuff going on. I heard some horror stories and met some hikers that stayed there and they said to avoid the place at all costs. It is right next to I-80 so it is in a prime location for those kinds of activities. But meanwhile the pastor asked why i wanted to double zero and i told her about my feet and she said i could spend a third night here if i wanted so thats what i am doing. I read the book "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson while ive been here which was interesting to read and i will leave it at that. Eating a bunch of town food has been nice. The best meals i had here were french toast breakfast and a prime rib sandwich for dinner. The pics on this page show a sample of what i eat in towns. Seeing as the only laundry facilities in town are at the Pocono Inn i decided to use a couple buckets and some liquid detergent sitting around the hostel to wash my clothes and boy were they dirty after that last stretch. I hit the trail again tomorrow on day 51 (9/12/14).
In response to a few comments yes i know my grammar and punctuation is bad i dont really care at least while i am on the trail. When i get done with this journey i will definitely get my act back together. To another comment A-Bomb got his name because his real name is Aaron and that was a longtime nickname he has had and he has a tatoo of an atom bomb on his chest and i guess some hiker saw it when he started and gave him the trail name unknowing that it had been a longtime nickname. Ironic huh? With mail drops for that comment sorry i cannot remember who made it. Thanks for having interest the best way to get an address to send it to would be to call my father who will give you my phone number or email. If you dont have his phone number email trevorkmonroe@gmail.com
I dont check that email often so it may take me a week to respond. I will not put my main email address or phone number on the public internet. Also, i was told about a person that is reading this (i am remaining vague to keep you anonymous) that wants to meet me later down the trail. I have been unable to find your comment you left so if you could contact the email above or get my personal email from the family member of mine that you know and contact it that would be great. I appreciate the offer and will definitely take you up on it if i am in your area when you are there.
Hope you saved me some of that steak lol
ReplyDeleteFORGET THE STEAK...I WANT THE COFFEE!
ReplyDelete