Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 61: Keepin them big wheels a turnin

29 miles hiked today.  I'm not sure how long i will continue to be able to do these big days with less and less daylight but I will continue to try and keep pushing myself.  Maryland for the most part is a relatively flat state with easy hiking but there are portions that are very rocky.  Every now and then I came through historic areas which was cool.  One was the original Washington monument.  There was another cool one which was the War Correspondents Memorial.  There were also some old battlegrounds and stuff.  I was in such a big hurry today though i didn't read any signs just took pictures.  The weather today was phenomenal with highs in the 60s and a nice breeze.  Probably the nicest day yet and its only going to get better with fall coming.  Time for bed i'm whooped.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Maryland and the first day of Fall! Will the shoes that you are now using make it the rest of the trail? Making plans now to do an early Christmas family get together on the island, can't wait! Silly question...what's your favorite flavor Poptart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men's prayer group starts tomorrow and I will let everyone know about your blog and AT journey again. I know you will be greatly missed. Great talking with you on the phone today! Have a great hike tomorrow son...
    Dad

    ReplyDelete