This was hard to adjust to but i now essentially breath in and out through my nose. The reason is how many bugs i have swallowed. The first person on the trail each morning going each direction has to clear the spider webs from the trail until you pass each other. Back when there were other people hiking i was always on "spider web clearing duty" because i was first out of bed 90 percent of the time Well now there is nobody on the trail so the past 2 days i am walking into spider webs all day long. After swallowing a bunch of spiders, mosquitoes, and flies back in Maine i learned to keep my mouth shut. I am sure many of y'all can relate to this from some point in your life. I think the worst is when you are riding a bike because you cant see them coming and they just nail the back of your throat causing you to cough.
When I was in kindergarten, mom gave me 50 cents to buy an afterschool snack. I bought a can a pepsi, which a bumblebee flew into unannounced to me. I swallowed it whole, which sucked, where I then spit it back up!
ReplyDeletethe Anonymous post was from your brother. Praying for your feet brother, keep up the good work!
DeleteChase
Hey Trevor..Hey Mr. Kent here...LOL! Since you always call me that I thought I would start the message that way...I have read your entire blog so far...just started it a week ago. We are still off island and I just found out from your dad the blog address, when I asked how you were doing in a text ..good job, I see nothing but complete success on making the whole trail...I don't know about no shower for two weeks. I think my own record was 10 days when I was elk hunting. I when you can't stand your own smell you know it is time...haha...Mrs. Kent and I have been doing our hiking....5-8 miles in neat spots. But that is just a warm up for you. Keep up the blogs, and see you on the island when you get here. (we are still off ourselves.
ReplyDeleteHello from Bermuda Trevor! Man, we're experiencing different worlds right now, huh? Just enjoyed catching up on your newest posts and pics. What's the best way to send you mail magic? Should I check with your folks about this? Your''re hiking through your paternal family history's' part of the country up there in NY...bet they hated the bugs, too. Your school teachers would be impressed by your grammar in your messages, good for you! Love and prayers, Ford.
ReplyDeleteBugs are protein! I hate those spider webs too. Prayers for safety, protection and blister healing! Lisa L.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you were able to hang out with some other hikers again. We are all proud of you and cheering you on! I think the apostle Paul may have been a through hiker as well as he wrote in 2nd Corinthians 11:27... 'I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure "...Hmmm :) Love Dad
ReplyDelete