Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day 55: Duncannon Here I Come Baby!

My body felt a little better today and I was up to doing a big day again.  It was 31 miles to a shelter and I finished at 7:05pm.  I hate finishing after dark so it makes me happy that i finished just in time.  This puts me 11 miles away from Duncannon where my sleeping bag awaits me.  I just have to survive tonight.  Its supposed to get down into the low 40s tonight so I broke out my emergency space blanket for when i need it later.  I am writing this at 8:30pm so it isn't cold enough for it yet.  Let me tell you what these days are getting so short it is tough to do big miles any more.  Im not sure what I will do but maybe just stick to 20 somethings if shelter spacing allows for it.  I got two things that are good news though.  Number one is I passed the 1000 mile mark first thing this morning.  Second is I think Rocksylvania has finally ended!  This morning there were a couple bad sections but then it chilled out.  The trail will always have some rocks I am in the mountains after all but at least the horrendous rocks are done.  In Duncannon there is an old hotel called The Doyle.  It is very old and run down but it is essentially a thru hiker tradition to stay there so I am going to.  Its only 25 bucks too and i want a shower.  I will do a post just on The Doyle it is going to be a trip...  Its time for bed now. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 1000 mile mark!!! I think you have had an incredible journey so far, and I thank the Lord that He has kept you safe. I don't know how you go so long without coffee though on those big days??? Post some pictures of your meals please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You getting a haircut while on the trail or "going for that mountain man" look the whole way? Lt. Dan says "You better tuck that chin hair in...you might get it caught on a trip wire..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Trevor! Keep up the good miles when you can! I just finished re-watching AT Movie, Trek again and wish it detailed more of the North that you have shown on pictures. Plz share some of your inner thoughts while hiking, you once said 700-800 miles ago that your mind wanders while your by yourself, that music has kept you sane.

    ReplyDelete