Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day 57: 9/18/2014

So yesterday i forgot to mention how i realized my fuel canister was out of fuel and the only place in town that sells them was sold out.  So I talked to Redbeard and Sardine to see if I could hang with them for a few days until i can get to the next store that sells fuel and use their fuel because they had tons.  They were all for it so today i hiked with them today.  We don't exactly hike together all day together just parts.  We all have our own paces and take breaks at different times so its kinda a big flip flop all day.  We did 25 miles out of Duncannon today to a campsite.  I am cowboy camping seeing as I don't have a tent but that doesn't bother me.  The only potential issue is this camping area is right next to some train tracks and i have a feeling there are gonna be a lot of trains tonight.  It was relatively easy hiking today with lots of farmland hiking which is my favorite kind of terrain.  I love the rolling hills of corn, hay fields, or whatever.  Its just gorgeous to me.  I also saw my second wild porcupine today.  He walked out on the dang trail right in front of me and stuck his quills out.  I gave him a few minutes and he didn't move so i took a lunch break and he was gone when i came back.  I couldn't exactly go around him the trees and bushes around the trail were so thick.  Just to let you all know I appreciate you all commenting on the photos and blog posts it is nice to see what people think of this and to know people are actually looking at them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see how much respect you have for the wilderness, it makes me proud to have a brother and family who is so considerate! Missionettes and Royal Rangers brought us up well. Keep on keepin on brotha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice porcupine picture!

    ReplyDelete