There were tons of trains last night. Literally every 10 minutes one would go by until about 12am then it died down to about every half hour. They were really loud too so I didn't get much sleep. Today I hiked with Redbeard and Sardine again 23 miles. Nothing interesting to see today just walking through the woods until we got to Pine Grove Furnace State Park. There was an AT museum there which was cool to look at and since the general store was closed on Fridays a guy at the park offered to take us to a convenience store 6 miles away and back for free. I bought some ice cream and a soda which hit the spot. We sat around the AT museum for a couple hours and were the biggest attraction in the whole park. People were so interested in talking to us since we are thru hikers and finding out what its like on the trail. It was kinda nice to get to talk since we hadn't seen a single soul all day until we got to the state park which was 20 miles into the 23 mile day. Right after the park is the halfway sign for the trail but its from a couple years ago so were not officially halfway yet. But tomorrow i will pass the official 2014 halfway mark! Eventually we moved on to a shelter and hit the sack. No trains around here so I should sleep good tonight. Having my sleeping bag back is sooooo nice. No more sleeping cold at least for a while hopefully.
Thank you so much for the birthday shoutout! Loved it, I'm sorry we couldn't speak longer, we both know how bad your reception can get it out there.
ReplyDelete