Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 63: September 24, 2014

Today I am zeroing at Bears Den Hostel in Virginia. I am going to stay off my feet all day, hopefully take a nap, maybe watch a dvd, and rest those shin splints. I am also going to stare at my guidebook for a few hours trying to figure out where I will be each night for the next few weeks. All I have to go off in the guidebook is how many miles I think I will be able to do each day, what I think the terrain will be like each day based on elevation profiles, when I will need to resupply on food and how long I think it will take to do that each time, and the next hostel I hope to shoot for. This will hopefully allow me to figure out some mail drop locations for those of you asking me for them.

3 comments:

  1. Keep going Trevor!! I know you can do it! No Ranger quits. Alternate cold and heat to the shins may help! Lisa L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trevor please text uncle ken where your going to be staying at around October 10th, he and summer want to come up and hike with you for 3-5 days (I don't remember how long). Contact Mom for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Trevor. send me a text to 863-712-2123 and let me know a mail drop for you and how many days ahead I should send it..

    ReplyDelete