Hiker Monday's are the day of/after a resupply. Going into town your food bag is so light which makes your pack light it is nice. Then i go and spend money on food and the pack is heavy again. Grrrrrr. I usually do a resupply every 3-4 days. This morning I called a local trail angel and got a ride back to the trail after spending some time unsuccessfully trying to hitch out of town. According to the guidebook you would think Virginia was the land flowing with milk and honey there are so many water sources listed. Well almost every spring and stream was dry today. It was like being back in New York. I was able to do 20 miles though to a shelter and God answered my prayers because there was a spring barely trickling with a puddle just big enough for me to fill up. I did get dehydrated today but i survived. Tomorrow I will carry 2 liters rather than 1 so I decrease my chance of running out of water again. Last night at that long distance hiker camping area i slept on a picnic table which is another first that i have done during this adventure. I didnt want to sleep in the grass which gets wet at night and i dont have a tent so the picnic table worked. Tomorrow I get to climb this giant mountain called The Priest. It is gonna be one heck of a climb with 4 miles of uphill.
Is it getting cold on the trail? I am in MN and it is in 36 to 54 range and could snow. Why dont you get your tent sent back to you? ! Love granny
ReplyDelete