It rained yet again last night. I sure was glad to be in that stone cabin shelter out of the wind it was blowing. One guy had a thermometer and it was 40 degrees inside the shelter i would hate to imagine what it would of been outside. Today I did 34 miles. At 4:30pm i got to Atkins, VA and there is a restaurant there called The Barn that has a 16oz hiker burger for 7 bucks. I ate it like it was nothing along with some sweet tea and a peach cobbler with ice cream desert. I was hungry again within 2 hours. I didn't get to the shelter until 10:15pm so it was a long day. I met a man leaving sodas at a road crossing as trail magic today. His name is lumbermack and he thru hiked i think he said in 06'.
No comments:
Post a Comment