Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 95: Life is short so live it to the fullest

I only made it 18 miles i think.  The town shuttle wasn't until 9am so by the time i got situated it was really late.  It was all uphills today and i got to the top of Big bald at 6:00pm.  I was gonna keep going and night hike but i decided to cowboy camp it up here.  I am on a huge grassy bald with 360 degree views at over 5500 ft.  How cool is that?  I dont want any regrets that i should feel the need to do something over and sleeping on top of this mountain was something i felt like i would regret if i passed up.  Its gonna be really cold though with this insane wind blowing.  I wrapped a trash bag around the foot of my sleeping bag as a wind blocker and set my pack and food bag up to block the wind at my head.  If it gets too cold i can always pack up.  The sunset was stunning and as good as it gets.  Im sure the stars will be cool tonight and the sunrise will be sweet to wake up to.  I changed plans and am going to finish on the 9th of November.

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous picture and it was so nice thinking about that place. Looking forward to picking you up on the 9th. Granny

    ReplyDelete