Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Shelter Life

I am doing this post to show you what life in the shelters is like.  Very first thing i do when i get to a shelter is inflate my sleeping pad and put my sleeping bag on it.  This reserves my spot in the shelter.  Then i go and gather water from the water source for the shelter.  Next i make dinner.  Then i brush my teeth and hang my food bag on a mouse hanger so the mice dont get it.  Then i curl up in my sleeping bag and study the guidebook for what is ahead of me.  Then i read the bible on my phone if i have enough battery.  Then i sleep.  I am usually asleep by 7:30pm.  Sunset at the moment is 6:45pm but gets darker sooner due to the mountains.  I personally dont want to live by an alarm clock while out here plus i turn my phone off at night so i dont even have an alarm clock so i usually wake up with first light.  I think this is around 7:30am.  The days are short right now and only getting shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment