I slept under a blanket of stars last night. The air wasn't all that cold but the wind was howling. This morning i woke up with first light at 7:15 am and watched the sunrise at 7:45am. That was a cool experience indeed cowboy camping up there. Today was hot with a high of 78 degrees but it felt hotter. My black shirt is turning white from all the sweat buildup. It was a very tough day physically with hard terrain and i did 30.4 miles. I had to night hike until 8:30pm to get to the shelter and when i got here nobody else was here which is nice. I dont like being rude and waking others up by coming in late. It just happened that i was on a very rocky exposed ridge that is 1 mile long when the sun was setting so i got an awesome sunset again. The first picture below is the sunrise and second is sunset from the ridge. Hot springs tomorrow!
This is what hiking and camping is all about. Glad the weather is better so you can enjoy your last few days on the trail. Granny
ReplyDelete