Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day 72: 10/3/14

Hmmm i wonder how often i am going to say this.  It rained again last night all night long... actually until 8am.  There was no chance of rain either.  Thats 2 nights in a row the meteorologists didnt forecast rain and it rained all night.  But this afternoon and night it is supposed to rain with a big cold front coming.  So my choice for hiking between storms was 10 miles, 15 miles, or 25 miles.  I originally wanted to do 25 but because it rained so long this morning there was no way i could leave the shelter until it stopped so i didn't have enough time before the front to do 25.  So 15 miles it was.  I cranked them out really quick and got to a shelter at 1:54pm.  I ate lunch, gathered water, took a nap, it started raining at 4:00pm, i ate dinner, and went to sleep in that order.  The nap felt awesome!  With all this rain that should really help at least the streams flow.  Or at least provide some puddles to scoop water from. Tomorrow i will get to the town of Glasgow, VA for resupply.

1 comment:

  1. You should be use to sketchy meteorologist reports living in Florida��! I'm happy to see you're still enjoying the journey!
    Be safe,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete