Today's mileage was 26. It was a beautiful day with a high of 60 and low in 30s. This morning i got a ride going out of Glasgow in the bed of a little Toyota pickup and froze my tail off during the 5 mile ride down a windy, mountainous road. It was in the 30s during the ride; i wonder what the wind chill temperature with a 45mph wind would be?. I guess its just another part of this adventure. If you look at my photos you will see a boulder wedged between two big rocks. That is the guillotine and the trail goes underneath which is purdy cool. I've really been enjoying Virginia a lot. It is a beautiful state although it seems to be the same terrain throughout it. I enjoyed New England a lot (except Connecticut). I did not enjoy the Mid-Atlantic states much. But Virginia southward i feel i have been and am going to enjoy. These mountains are fun to hike through and beautiful in my opinion. The people here in the south are so much nicer than those in the Mid-Atlantic and New England too.
No comments:
Post a Comment