Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 94: Erwin, Tennessee

Blue skies and warm temperatures were present today.  The only downside was that at one point i noticed i had lost my buff, you know the thing i wear on my head.  So i dropped my pack and backtracked until i found it a mile back just sitting there on the trail.  That little detour cost me valuable hiking time.  I did 25 miles regardless and made it to Erwin, TN at 6:30pm where i am staying at Uncle Johnnies hostel.  I didn't want to stay here i wanted to just resupply and keep hiking on another 6 miles but that setback earlier held me up from getting here earlier.  The hostel does free town shuttles so they said they would take me to the grocery store in the morning.  Tomorrow will be a long day with basically all day being uphill.  The first forecast for winter is coming.  November 1-3 its supposed to rain and snow each day/night.  I am not concerned about snow its the rain mixed with below freezing temperatures at night that means ice on the trail and really cold socks/shoes.  Hopefully i can keep pushing the big miles and make it through the smokies before it hits.  I killed a mouse last night with a broom.  They were all over that shelter; i have had very few mice infested shelters so far but that one last night was one of the worst.

1 comment:

  1. That one mile back is really a 2 mile hike...been there done that...ain't no fun...

    ReplyDelete